Subject: [clue] Document Action: 'Protocol for Controlling Multiple Streams for Telepresence (CLUE)' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-clue-protocol-19.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 06:48:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Protocol for Controlling Multiple Streams for Telepresence (CLUE)'
  (draft-ietf-clue-protocol-19.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-protocol/

Technical Summary

   The CLUE protocol is an application protocol conceived for the
   description and negotiation of a telepresence session.  The design of
   the CLUE protocol takes into account the requirements and the
   framework defined within the IETF CLUE working group.  A companion
   document delves into CLUE signaling details, as well as on the SIP/
   SDP session establishment phase.  CLUE messages flow over the CLUE
   data channel, based on reliable and ordered SCTP over DTLS transport.
   Message details, together with the behavior of CLUE Participants
   acting as Media Providers and/or Media Consumers, are herein
   discussed.

Working Group Summary

  Nothing of particular note occurred during the development of
  this document. 

Document Quality

  A prototype implementation of an earlier version of the protocol
  was built and demonstrated.

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd? 

    Paul Kyzivat

  Who is the Responsible Area Director?

    Adam Roach