Subject: just a small funny item...no big deal...

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 17:53:49 -0400

I was looking to see if our port registration had happened so I was
looking through the list of registered ports. Apparently there's a bit
of an acronym conflict since someone registerd cnrp to port 2757 a long
time ago:
(exerpted from http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/port-numbers):

cnrp            2757/tcp   CNRP
cnrp            2757/udp   CNRP
#                          Jacob Ulmert <[email-masked]>

I've tried to get in touch with Mr. Ulmert but no address seems to work.
I've searched the net for any reference to anything that might
be appropraite but to no avail. Its not a big deal...

In the process I've also found other acronyms:
Canadian Neurotrauma Research Program
Custom News Release Pages
Center for Natural Resource Policy (they have cnrp.org)

Anyway... just vaguely interesting...

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:05:05 -0400

> Canadian Neurotrauma Research Program

Oh... I thought that's what this was... ;-)  (Eh?!).

Leslie.

P.S.:  Sorry, just a little humour from Montreal ;-)

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"My body obeys Aristotelian laws of physics."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------