Subject: CNRP Protocol Specification

From: Adam Theo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 00:23:35 -0400

Hello, Adam Theo here

well, i just got done reading the CNRP Protocol Specification found on
the IETF's WG website. i didn't understand all of it, but that's just
because i'm new to this realm of hard-and-gritty protocol innards.

as i said before, i thought about an open system of enabling the use
of familiar, 'real language' phrases to navigate the internet. and even
thought about trying to use xml since i had recently discovered that
technology and fallen in love with it. i made occasional nates about
how i thought i could do this and what would be needed. but after reading
the Spec., i have to say i was constantly struck by great ideas that
i know i probably never would have thought of to use in this protocol.

true, i was and still am very new to xml and this style of programming,
but there are things in the Spec. that i might not have thought of even
after becoming very familiar and comfortable in xml. which surprises
me, since i usually pride myself on my ingenuity  :)

yet again i am confronted with the addage 'many heads are almost always
better than just one'. two thumbs up.

oh, and some of the things i was struck by began with just the simple
idea of allowing the ordering of the property statements to solely decide
the primary, secondary, etc. rank of said properties (section 3.6)(i
probably would have tried to do something different than just letting
the simple ordering decide the rank of choise for languages, locations,
etc., such as incorporate the rank number directly into the property's
attributes themselves.).

anyway, i just thought i'd say that before i tried to get some sleep
for the night.

--
Adam Theo
[email-masked] - EMail
3617306 (Adam Theo) - ICQ
1 (404) 978 1263 x2974 - VoiceMail/Fax
Proudly Running Linux!

___________________________________________________________________
To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com