Subject: Re: Introduction from a New List Member & Questions.

From: Adam Theo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:53:17 -0400

Hello, Adam Theo here

thank you, mr. mealling.  :)

the reason i asked about the general location of participants was just
because i have been on a few other lists like this that ended up being
mostly a core of people who were at a university campus or some other
place like that. they had a lot of 'physical meetings' where they discussed
things off the list that i could never attend because of distance. that's
all. glad to hear this one will hopefully have most of it's discussions
through this list :)

i'm also glad to hear that there has been a good amount of general concensus
on the issues. it makes getting this technology off the ground much easier.

although i am wondering what amount of issues have been brought up, discussed,
and resolved. have all the issues that come along been resolved now,
in this 'version 1.0' of the wire protocol, or have some been put on
a delay list to be discussed and implemented in later versions?

also, to make sure, does anyone think there will be later versions, or
is this technology simple and basic enough to not warrant them?

i would imagine i have come in too late to bring up my ideas and questions
for version 1.0, which as i understand it will be finalized at the Pitt.
IETF convention. but i hope i can contribute to later versions (assuming
there will be that option, of course).

again, thank you all.

--
Adam Theo
[email-masked] - EMail
3617306 (Adam Theo) - ICQ
1 (404) 978 1263 x2974 - VoiceMail/Fax
Proudly Running Linux!

___________________________________________________________________
To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:38:08 -0400

Howdy,

To answer your questions re. state/evolution of CNRP, I'll mention
that the way IETF working groups are set up, they have a (hopefully)
focused charter & limited lifespan.  So, we expect to "finalize"
things in the next month or so, in terms of what we were chartered
to do (and I presume you've seen the charter, at

        http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/cnrp-charter.html

).

We don't have a specific "punch list" of issues reserved for future
exploration (with the possible exception of service discovery),
so thoughts you have on the subject can help shape what work a
future working group may do in the area.

In the meantime, if you've been through the mail archives and feel
there are issues that haven't been discussed/should be addressed
in this first version, please don't feel it's too late to bring them
up.

Leslie.
CNRP WG Chair.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"My body obeys Aristotelian laws of physics."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------