Subject: [Coin] Draft minutes

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 05:40:33 -0700

Hello Coiners:

The draft minutes of last week’s meeting are available in:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/materials/minutes-105-coinrg-00

Comments/corrections welcome.

Thanks to Rachel for all the help with this both at the meeting and
afterwards. And of course thanks to all the presenters!

Have a wonderful weekend!

J/E/M

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
Research Affiliate, MIT Media Laboratory
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: Sharon Barkai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:32:19 +0300

Q (Shawn?): How urgent is it to understand what the camera sees? I think it’s really urgent that the neural network to be on the camera. A: Yes, there’re 2 extreme cases. A self-driving car with lots of resource, everything must be super real-time. We want everything local, versus have a bunch of surveillance cameras, much cheaper than you have on self-driving car, you need to have a networked system to analyze the data. They’re assumed not as urgent as self-driving car. Hierarchy delay between camera with neural network, the edge, and the cloud.

Hey, small correction (Sharon B) the point was that between very heavy video processing on  CPEs for immediate understanding (AV), or, very heavy HD video streams traffic to PE from millions of cameras for deferred understanding, there are degrees of lighter CPE processing for immediate factoring of key video frames, and low-latency forwarding to PE for deeper-learning and enumeration of what was captured in the geo-spatial  (~square meter) cell the camera pointed to at time of the capture. RTT should minimize the delta in the physical world state between capture and understanding, controlling for both CPE and PE costs.   

Will be happy to further elaborate next coinrg session on a draft standard outlying such interoperable pub-sub annotation pipeline CPE-PE-CPE of geo-state enumerations in low-latency verification and privacy-protected propagation. draft is  progressed in lispwg.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barkai-lisp-nexagon-05

--szb
Cell: +972.53.2470068
WhatsApp: +1.650.492.0794

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 3:40 PM, Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Coiners:
> 
> Thanks to Rachel for all the help with this both at the meeting and afterwards. And of course thanks to all the presenters!
> 
> -- 
> Coin mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/coin

---

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 09:34:20 -0700

Will make the corrections - thanks.

On August 2, 2019 at 12:32:21 PM, Sharon Barkai ([email-masked])
wrote:

Q (Shawn?):  How urgent is it to understand what the camera sees? I
think it’s really urgent that the neural network to be on the camera.
A: Yes, there’re 2 extreme cases. A self-driving car with lots of
resource, everything must be super real-time. We want everything
local, versus have a bunch of surveillance cameras, much cheaper than
you have on self-driving car, you need to have a networked system to
analyze the data. They’re assumed not as urgent as self-driving car.
Hierarchy delay between camera with neural network, the edge, and the
cloud.

Hey, small correction (Sharon B) the point was that between very heavy
video processing on  CPEs for immediate understanding (AV), or, very
heavy HD video streams traffic to PE from millions of cameras for
deferred understanding, there are degrees of lighter CPE processing
for immediate factoring of key video frames, and low-latency
forwarding to PE for deeper-learning and enumeration of what was
captured in the geo-spatial  (~square meter) cell the camera pointed
to at time of the capture. RTT should minimize the delta in the
physical world state between capture and understanding, controlling
for both CPE and PE costs.

Will be happy to further elaborate next coinrg session on a draft
standard outlying such interoperable pub-sub annotation pipeline
CPE-PE-CPE of geo-state enumerations in low-latency verification and
privacy-protected propagation. draft is  progressed in lispwg.

--szb
Cell: +972.53.2470068

On Aug 2, 2019, at 3:40 PM, Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
wrote:

Hello Coiners:

J/E/M