Subject: [Coin] CFP - Elsevier Vehicular Communications (IF:4.7) Special Issue on Revolutionary Paradigms for Smart Connected Vehicles in the 6G Era

From: Marica Amadeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 09:06:52 +0100

Our apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.

==================================================================
                                                 CALL FOR PAPERS
                      Elsevier Vehicular Communications (2019 IF: 4.706)
                                                     Special Issue on
   “Revolutionary Paradigms for Smart Connected Vehicles in the 6G Era”

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/vehicular-communications/call-for-papers/a-special-issue-of-vehicular-communications-on-revolutionary
==================================================================

By jointly involving multiple challenging requirements, such as ultra-high
reliable and ultra-low latency communications, high efficiency and
capacity, intelligent driving is one of the most ambitious and attractive
applications of the 6G initiatives. Although the convergence of
communication, caching, control and computing (4C) resources can be
leveraged to effectively enable 6G services and applications over
vehicle-to-everything (V2X) channels, multiple challenges must be addressed
to allow connected vehicles to meet the 6G requirements, to securely and
efficiently orchestrate their resources and to develop self-organizing and
self-sustaining capabilities.

Emerging communication paradigms that make effective data transmission in
very high dynamic contexts include the reprogrammability of the environment
by the means of Reprogrammable Intelligent Metasurfaces (RIMs). Moreover,
Visible Light Communication (VLC) can improve the reliability of V2X
interactions and be effective in terms of security and enhanced data rate.
With focus on networking aspects, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and
Network Function Virtualization (NFV) can bring programmability,
flexibility and scalability in connected vehicles, simplify network
management and promote an efficient and fair use of the distributed 4C
resources and programmable metasurfaces. They can be complemented by
revolutionary networking models, such as Information Centric Networking
(ICN), to provide distributed caching and computing services.

This special issue aims to collect proposals that deal with revolutionary
communication and networking technologies for connected vehicles, in a
holistic fashion or at different layers, to meet the expectations of the 6G
era.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

Software-defined vehicular networks
Vehicular cloud computing in the 6G era
Fog/edge computing architectures for connected vehicles
Integration of SDN/NFV and vehicular cloud computing
Information Centric Networking for Connected Vehicles
Impact of connected vehicles on transportation safety, management,
characterization, and prediction
Mobile sensing networking, sensor data collection and multi-modal fusion
Caching strategies for connected vehicles
Joint management of communication, control, computing and caching for 6G
vehicular applications and services
Optical wireless technologies for 6G vehicular applications and services
Reprogrammable and Intelligent Metasurfaces for smart connected vehicles
Secure and privacy-preserving communications in 6G vehicular networks

==================================================================
TIMELINE

Paper submission:
31 March 2021

Acceptance notification:
30 June 2021

Final papers:
30 July 2021

==================================================================
SUBMISSION FORMAT AND GUIDELINE

All submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and
contain only original work, which has not been published by or is currently
under review for any other journal or conference.
A detailed submission guideline is available as “Guide to Authors” at 
https://www.elsevier.com/journals/vehicular-communications/2214-2096/guide-for-authors
.

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted through
the paper submission system at
https://www.editorialmanager.com/VEHCOM/default.aspx . The authors must
select as “VSI: Smart Vehicle - Amadeo” when they reach the “Article Type”
step in the submission process.
The system is open for submissions.

Requests for additional information should be addressed to the guest
editors.

==================================================================
Guest Editors:

Dr. Marica Amadeo, University of Reggio Calabria, Italy
[email-masked]

Prof. Abderrahim Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
[email-masked]

Prof. Kwang-Cheng Chen, University of South Florida, USA
[email-masked]

Dr. Valeria Loscrì, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe, France
[email-masked]

Dr. Seyhan Ucar, Toyota Motor North America, USA
[email-masked]

Dr. Anna Maria Vegni, Roma Tre University, Italy
[email-masked]

-- 
Dr. Marica Amadeo
Assistant Professor
University "Mediterranea" of Reggio Calabria
DIIES Department, ARTS Lab
Via Graziella Feo di Vito I - 89100 Reggio Calabria (RC), Italy

------------------------------

Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Scholar Google Profile:
https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=52c4cz0AAAAJ&hl=it