Subject: [Ietf-not43] Minutes from SF meeting

From: April.Marine at nominum.com (April Marine)
Date: Thu Apr 3 18:04:56 2003

Pls review these and send any corrections.  We'll also send along the
"raw" notes from Cathy Murphy as she caught a lot of detail.

thanks,
April
----------------------------

Minutes for CRISP, IETF 56
Wednesday, March 19, 2003
Reported by: Cathy Murphy
Chairs: Ted Hardie & April Marine

Proposed Agenda:

Agenda Bashing

Review output from working group last call of requirements draft.
        Andy Newton

Review of method for selecting protocol
        Chairs

Call for volunteers for specific evaluation elements
        Chairs

All other business

        Leslie Daigle to present "IRIS light"; a non-working
	group item.

Actions:  	Agenda Accepted

		New Chair (April Marine) introduced

		New Area Advisor (Ned Freed) introduced

		Thanks presented to outgoing Area Advisor (Patrik Falstrom)

		Andy Newton will present a revised Requirements document by April 15,
		2003

		Subject to mailing list approval, the group agreed that protocol
		evaluation will proceed as a staged knock-out, first evaluating
		for protocol requirements, then for service requirements if no candidate
		is knocked out in the first evalution.

		To make visible these evaluations, Andy Newton agreed to
		develop a proposed matrix of the MUST, SHOULD, MAY,
		requirements.

		Rick Wesson agreed to maintain the matrix once it has
		been approved.

		Subject to mailing list approval, the protocol proposers will
		do the initial population of the matrix for their protocols.
		These will then be reviewed by the mailing list.  Initial stuckees
		for the review are:
			LDAP Matrix Review: Peter Gietz, Richard Shockey
			IRIS Matrix Review: Ed Lewis, Scott Hollenbeck

		Chairs called for volunteers for additional reviewers; the
		new deadline will be the matrix being completed
		and reviewed prior to VIenna.

		After a conversation on bags, Rick Wesson agreed to formulate
		a set of concerns and send to the list.

		IRIS Light was then presented as an informative reference
		for the group.