Subject: [Crisp] Last Call Comments: iris-lwz

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:21:56 -0400

Section 6.1.1: what's the URI scheme needed for?  I don't see it
described anywhere in the document.  Is it related to the "iris.lwz1"
<transferProtocol> element described in Section 3.1.5?  If so, something
appears incorrect -- Figure 7 looks like this (note the missing "1" in
the protocolId attribute):

<transferProtocol protocolId="iris.lwz">

Section 6.1.2: It might be helpful to add a "TBD" field to hold the
actual port number assigned by IANA so the number shows up in the RFC
document.  The RFC Editor can fill that in once IANA has completed the
requested actions.

-Scott-

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:29:05 -0400

> <transferProtocol protocolId="iris.lwz">

The scheme specifies all lwz versions and should only be "iris.lwz"   
The <transferProtocol> element is part of the lwz version negotiation  
and should explicitly give a version number.  So that example is  
missing the 1.

To answer your first question, the URI scheme is needed so that lwz  
can be requested explicitly.

> document.  The RFC Editor can fill that in once IANA has completed the

Good idea.

-andy