Subject: Re: [Crisp] RFC 5144 up and running

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:48:33 +0200

Marcos Sanz/Denic <[email-masked]> 2008-09-25 18:15
> FYI: http://www.denic.de/en/denic/presse/press_90.html

The last version of my toolkit that was just released on CPAN
includes an IRIS DCHK client that interoperates with DENIC server,
thanks to Marcos' help to fix some corner cases.

It is a basic implementation of IRIS DCHK over LWZ as a free
software,
and I would be happy to expand it with others IRIS registry types
and with other registries, as time and energy permits.

For those interested, please note
that the toolkit is not just an IRIS client, nor just an EPP
client, it implements dozens of RFCs related to domain names
operations trying to have a simple and uniform API for all cases.

If everything goes well a demonstration will take place during the
next ICANN meeting in Caïro for the ccNSO during which I will try to
briefly speak about IRIS.

Download of the toolkit:
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/P/PM/PMEVZEK/Net-DRI-0.92.tar.gz

Direct link to the IRIS DCHK client example:
http://search.cpan.org/src/PMEVZEK/Net-DRI-0.92/eg/iris_dchk.pl

More information on the toolkit and what it implements:
http://www.dotandco.com/services/software/Net-DRI/index.en

Regards,

--
Patrick Mevzek
Dot and Co <http://www.dotandco.com/> <http://www.dotandco.net/>
_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:43:55 -0400

Patrick,

Interesting work.  Out of curiosity, any plans to support AREG?

-andy

---

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:49:33 +0200

Andrew,

Andrew Newton <[email-masked]> 2008-10-13 20:44
> Interesting work.  Out of curiosity, any plans to support AREG?
 
Nothing planned yet as noone asked for it currently, but extending my
toolkit is always something that I'm interested to.
However this would be probably not a trivial amount of energy,
especially because of the BEEP transport, so this would probably not
happen in a near future except if somehow a huge demand arises and/or
some registries or other parties is willing to fund this development.

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:15:04 -0400

> some registries or other parties is willing to fund this development.

BEEP is deprecated in preference to XPC (RFC 4992).  I'd be interested  
to hear your opinion regarding the amount of effort you believe it  
would take to implement it.

-andy

---

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:21:17 +0200

Andrew Newton <[email-masked]> 2008-10-14 16:15
> BEEP is deprecated in preference to XPC (RFC 4992).

Ok, yes I've overlooked that, sorry I'm quite new to CRISP (being
just a longtime lurker). Even better then, as I was never very
comfortable with BEEP (which was also envisioned in the past for EPP,
but dropped).

> I'd be interested  

After a quick glance, indeed the XPC part seems a bigger piece than
Areg, but of course it would be useful for many registry types, so
it's a good investment.

For my toolkit, like for LWZ/DCHK I'm not aiming at the beginning for
a full implementation but just the basis to make it interoperable, and
then later on extending it based on feedback and real world usage.
I would say something like one week of work, maybe less if there is
some server I can use to make tests (even with fake data) and people
that can help me and answer my silly questions :-)
But I would not be able to start working on that before ICANN Caïro,
so not before middle of November.

If anyone is interested to help, please let me know here or in
private (my From address is correct asis)