Subject: [Curdle] Review of draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-05

From: Niclas Comstedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:38:36 -0800

Reviewer: Niclas Comstedt
Review result: Has Nits

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving the
operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not
addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG
review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

Document reviewed: draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-05

Background: I reviewed 04 and found only minor nits.

Summary: Minor nit and incorrect reference

- Section 3, still need the 2nd must to all capitals in the following
sentence 
"The AlgorithmIdentifier parameters field MUST be present, and the
parameters field must contain a AEADChaCha20Poly1305Nonce:”

- Section 6. First paragraph references RFC7534 as if its the same as
[FORIETF]. I think the RFC is a typo (and that actual RFC is
unrelated). So either needs the corrected RFC or remove that and keep
referencing only [FORIETF].

/nco

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:23:45 -0500

Niclas:

Thanks for taking that time to review the document.

> parameters field must contain a AEADChaCha20Poly1305Nonce:”

Yes.  I’m pleased to make that change.

> referencing only [FORIETF].

I cannot find a reference to RFC 7534.  I see a reference to RFC 7539, which is the correct RFC.

Russ