Subject: [Curdle] I-D Action: draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 06:41:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating RC4 in all IETF Protocols
        Author          : Luis Camara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   RC4 is extremely weak as shown by RFC 6649 and RFC 7457, is
   prohibited in TLS by RFC 7465, is prohibited in Kerberos by RFC xxxx
   and it needs to be prohibited in all IETF protocols. Documents that
   provide technology that can only use RC4 are obsoleted by this
   document, so this document obsoletes and moves to Historic RFC 3078
   "Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE) Protocol" (only supports
   RC4, RFC 3079 that is also part of that protocol is also obsoleted),
   RFC 4345 "Improved Arcfour Modes for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport
   Layer Protocol" (note Arcfour and RC4 are synonymous), RFC 4757 "The
   RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft Windows" (only
   supports RC4) and RFC 6229 "Test Vectors for the Stream Cipher RC4"
   (provides test vectors for historic cryptography). RFC 2118,
   RFC 3501, RFC 3961, RFC 4120, RFC 4253, RFC 6150, RFC 6649, RFC 6733,
   RFC 7457, RFC 7905 and RFC xxxx are updated to note the deprecation
   of RC4 in all IETF protocols. (Please do not confuse RFC 4757 with
   RFC 7457.)

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/