Subject: [cuss] I-D Action:draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-12-13

This document introduces the transport of call control related User
to User Information (UUI) using the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP), and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.
Some SIP sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP
application.  This application may have information that needs to be
transported between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.
A common example in another protocol is the ISDN User to User
Information Service.  As networks move to SIP it is important that
applications requiring this data can continue to function in SIP
networks as well as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service
for end-to-end transparency.  This document discusses requirements
and approaches to achieve this.  In addition, the extension will also
be used for native SIP endpoints implementing similar services and
interworking with ISDN services.  Example use cases include an
exchange between two user agents, retargeting by a proxy, and
redirection.  An example application is an Automatic Call Distributor
(ACD) in a contact center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 07:56:09 -0600

We have updated the requirements draft based on discussion in Beijing and on
the list.  Here are the major changes:

- Removed REQ-6
- Added security requirements REQ-13 and REQ-14
- Added clarifying text to REQ-8, REQ-10, REQ-11, and REQ-12
- Rewrote Security Considerations
- Added a paragraph in Overview explaining call control UUI and why INFO is
not used.
- Other small edits: see the diff for details.

Let me know what you think, especially about the security.

- Alan -

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:45 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>        Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for
> Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss
>
>