Subject: [dane] hi & dane trac broken?

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 20:24:13 +0200

Hi everybody,

At this late stage I'm joining the DANE mailing list. PowerDNS Authoritative
3.0 has some experimental support for an earlier draft of DANE, I hope that
by the time 3.1 has arrived we can support the RFC or something close to it!

One small thing, I was trying to go through the open issues on the 'trac',
but I get an error about looping url's, for example on
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/25

I hope this can be resolved.

I was tangentially involved with several CA breakin investigations, and
while I'm unable to share anything about those investigations, I can safely
say that I'm more than ever convinced that we need DANE, and that we need it
quickly.

I will also be addressing the Dutch Govcert symposium 2011 to this effect on
the 15th or the 16th of November, http://www.govcert.nl/symposium

If there is anything specific I could do to help speed things up, please let
me know.

	Bert

-- 
PowerDNS Website: http://www.powerdns.com/
PowerDNS Community Website: http://wiki.powerdns.com/

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:57:52 -0700

> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/25

I have now reported this to the IETF Tools Team.

--Paul Hoffman