Subject: Re: [dane] #24: Use with CNAME, DNAME (was: Use with wildcards, CNAME, DNAME)

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:22:11 -0000

#24: Use with CNAME, DNAME

Changes (by matt@…):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 [http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg03169.html What was
 actually decided] was to decline a proposal to (attempt to) look up TLSA
 at the DNS-canonicalized host name, because the functionality (as opposed
 to convenience) that it added was not great and it introduced a layering
 violation and a risk of unintended delegation.  I'm narrowing this ticket
 to the CNAME/DNAME cases covered by that decision and changing the
 resolution to "worksforme" to reflect that TLSA can generally be used in
 such cases, though it may be less convenient.  The wildcard cases move to
 ticket:34.

-- 
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  matt@…                  |        Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…             
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  reopened                               
 Priority:  major                   |    Milestone:                                         
Component:  protocol                |      Version:                                         
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:                                         
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/24#comment:2>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>

---

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:22:21 -0000

Changes (by matt@…):

  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => worksforme

-- 
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  matt@…                  |        Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…             
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed                                 
 Priority:  major                   |    Milestone:                                         
Component:  protocol                |      Version:                                         
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  worksforme                             
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/24#comment:3>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>