Subject: [dane] #32: Grouping / combinations of certificates

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:11:26 -0000

#32: Grouping / combinations of certificates

 [ Tracking ticket ]

 It was proposed to add a "group id" (gid) field to the TLSA record format
 to "combine TLSA associations in a kind of disjunctive normal form" --
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg03342.html

 It was deemed that this added too much additional complexity to the
 protocol to be considered at the moment. but I wanted to record this
 suggestion for future work.
 Also suggested was (Jim Schaad - http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/dane/current/msg03352.html ):
 ---
 While I believe that this may end up being a feature that needs to be
 supported.  I believe that it would be better to have a new cert type that
 said how to do combinations rather than having it baked in at a low level.
 ---

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warren@…           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…             
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new                                    
 Priority:  minor              |   Milestone:                                         
Component:  protocol           |     Version:                                         
 Severity:  -                  |    Keywords:                                         
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/32>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>

---

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:11:50 -0000

Changes (by warren@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Tracking ticket, closing immediately!

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warren@…           |        Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…             
     Type:  enhancement        |       Status:  closed                                 
 Priority:  minor              |    Milestone:                                         
Component:  protocol           |      Version:                                         
 Severity:  -                  |   Resolution:  fixed                                  
 Keywords:                     |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/32#comment:1>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>

---

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:40:53 -0000

Changes (by matt@…):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warren@…           |        Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…             
     Type:  enhancement        |       Status:  reopened                               
 Priority:  minor              |    Milestone:                                         
Component:  protocol           |      Version:                                         
 Severity:  -                  |   Resolution:                                         
 Keywords:                     |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/32#comment:2>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>

---

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:41:01 -0000

Changes (by matt@…):

  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

 Severity:  -                  |   Resolution:  wontfix                                

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/32#comment:3>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>