Subject: [dane] RFC 7672 on SMTP Security via Opportunistic DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:50:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7672

        Title:      SMTP Security via Opportunistic DNS-Based 
                    Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     V. Dukhovni, W. Hardaker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 87943
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7672

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7672

This memo describes a downgrade-resistant protocol for SMTP transport
security between Message Transfer Agents (MTAs), based on the
DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA DNS record.
Adoption of this protocol enables an incremental transition of the
Internet email backbone to one using encrypted and authenticated
Transport Layer Security (TLS).

This document is a product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC