Subject: [dcp] DCP mail list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:31:42 -0800

Hello-

A mail list has been created to discuss the Datagram Control Protocol
(DCP).  DCP is a minimal general purpose transport-layer protocol
providing only two core functions:

 - the establishment, maintenance and teardown of an unreliable packet
   flow.

 - congestion control of that packet flow.

Within the constraints of providing these core functions, DCP aims
to be a general purpose protocol, minimizing the overhead of packet
header size or end-node processing as much as possible.  Therefore,
DCP is as simple as possible, and as far as reasonably possible,
it should avoid providing higher-level transport functionality.
DCP will provide an congestion-controlled, unreliable packet stream,
without TCP's reliability or in-order delivery semantics.  Additional
unicast, flow-based application functionality can be layered over
DCP.

Subscribe to this list through the web page at
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcp.

Updated drafts have been submitted to the IETF and can be found at
http://www.aciri.org/kohler/dcp/.

A draft working group charter will be sent to the list in the next
couple days.

A BoF is scheduled at IETF-52 in Salt Lake City on Tuesday at 5pm.
The BoF agenda can be found at http://www.ietf.org/ietf/01dec/dcp.txt.

--aaron

_______________________________________________
dcp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcp

---

From: demir <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:51:43 -0800 (PST)

I am very happy to be part of this email list. Thank you very much.

Dr. Alper K. Demir