Subject: [dcp] rcp-response packet reserved bits

From: "Patrick R. McManus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 13:11:04 -0400

4.6 defines the DCP-Response packet format. The diagram lists 8
reserved bits after the generic header, assumably for alignment
purposes when combined with the 24 bit ack header.

However, it doesn't list a required value for the reserved field. Is
it really undefined or, like the 4 reserved bits in the generic
header, are all 0's required at this stage?

-P

_______________________________________________
dcp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcp

---

From: Eddie Kohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 10:19:38 -0700

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for pointing this out. I think all 0's are required at this stage.

Eddie

> However, it doesn't list a required value for the reserved field.