Subject: [Dcpel] DCPEL BoF support

From: Olivier Dugeon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:43:43 +0100

Hello Kathleen and all,

We are in favor of a such BoF. Again, I'll ask my colleagues whom attend 
the next IETF meeting to be present during the DCPEL BoF session 
regarding their respective constraint to follow their respective WG.

Concerning the charter, I just want to know if the points described 
below could be present:

- Study and define a global framework and architecture which take into 
account the inter-domain control plane and not only the intra-domain
- Produce RFC about the end to end CoS definition i.e. by extending the 
notion of Per Domain Behavior to the inter domain. The draft about 
Meta-CoS class from Pierre Levis could be a starting point
- Produce RFC which define both data and interface to request CoS to the 
DCPEL framework from and application i.e. SLS definition in term of 
parameters, function and transport prootocol
- Produce RFC on topology acquisition to let the Control Plane in touch 
(synchronize) with the Transfert Plane
- Produce RFC on which protocol will fit requirement to exchange 
inter-DCPEL SLS i.e. looking how NSIS could fit or be extended to this 
purpose.
- Produce RFC on which protocol will fit requirement to enforce QoS in 
the underlying network i.e lookink to COPS and NetConf to see how it 
could be used

Please, don't hesitate to comment.

Regards,

Olivier

PS. I will be out of my office next week and have sporadic access to my 
e-mail

-- 
Project Manager for Network architecture and switching Division 
 & FTR&D/CORE/M2I             | mailto:[email-masked]
 2, Avenue Pierre Marzin      | Phone/Fax:  +(33) 296 05 2880/1852
 F-22307 LANNION              | Mobile:     +(33) 6 82 90 37 85

_______________________________________________
Dcpel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcpel