Subject: [Dcpel] is DCPEL alive?

From: Vítor Jesus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:44:59 +0000

Dear all,

I subscribed to DCPEL some months ago, in the expectation that some work 
in interdomain QoS would be carried on. But so far I did not see any 
message.

Is this group still active ..and/or.. are there any plans to try to 
evolve DCPEL to a new IETF WG?

my best regards,
--vítor jesus

----
Vítor Jesus, MSc
Institute of Telecommunications
University of Aveiro
Aveiro, Portugal
Tel: +351-234-377000
http://www.it.av.pt

_______________________________________________
Dcpel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcpel

---

From: mendes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:44:26 +0100

Dear Vitor,

I'm afraid that the DCPEL effort didn't got the needed attention from
the community and from IETF. From the latter we got a set of questions
about its usefulness and relation with other groups. Based on these
evidences, my current opinion is that it would be difficult to create a
WG based on the drafts that we produced. Mainly not because of the
draft, which could be easily improved, but because the IETF is more
interested in other topics. Maybe we still can reach our goals, or part
of them, indirectly. For instance, currently I'm involved in the study
of the use of QoS-NSLP signaling, in the NSIS WG, to implement an
inter-domain QoS model. We are also looking at how does this signaling
relates to the RACF proposal form ITU-T. Although we cannot achieve all
the goals of DCPEL, at least we can try to fulfill some of the
requirements described in the DCPE requirements draft (already expired).

Cheers
Paulo
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Paulo Mendes
DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH
Landsberger Str. 312, 80687 Munich, Germany
Tel. +49-89-56824-226, Fax. +49-89-56824-300
http://www.docomoeurolabs.de

Vítor Jesus wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I subscribed to DCPEL some months ago, in the expectation that some
> work in interdomain QoS would be carried on. But so far I did not see
> any message.
>