Subject: [decade] Secure object naming - draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming-01

From: "Christian Dannewitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:47:04 +0200

Dear all,

we have recently submitted a draft for an object naming scheme with security
features to the PPSP working group.
As we think this will also be of interest to DECADE and interest has be
expressed, e.g., by Richard Yang for posting this to DECADE, I hereby send
you the link to the draft:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming-01.txt

This draft offers a secure naming scheme that can be used to securely name
complete files as well as chunks cached in DECADE, providing (among others)
self-certification to verify the file/chunk content independent of its
source. If security takes place on the chunk level, e.g., an additional
object representing the complete file and named via the same naming scheme
could be used to securely bind the chunks together.

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated. My coauthors (Ove
Strandberg, Börje Ohlman, and Teemu Rautio) are also following this list and
Ove Strandberg and Börje Ohlman will attend the Beijing meeting.

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

---
Christian Dannewitz
University of Paderborn
Computer Networks Group
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +49 5251 / 605385
Web: http://wwwcs.upb.de/cs/ag-karl

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Y. R. Yang [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 5:41 PM
>To: Strandberg, Ove (NSN - FI/Espoo); [email-masked];
>[email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [ppsp] FW: New Version Notification for draft-dannewitz-
>ppsp-secure-naming-01
>
>Hi Ove,
>
>I found your draft interesting and highly related with some issues that
>we are thinking on for DECADE design. Do you want to post it to the
>DECADE mailing list as well?
>
>Thanks.
>Richard