Subject: [decade] New Version Notification for draft-wang-decade-data-regeneration-00.txt

From: "duan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:18:39 +0800

Dear all,

We have submited a new draft: Router-supported Data Regeneration for
In-network Storage Systems. It is at
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wang-decade-data-regeneration-00.txt

Any comments are welcome!

Abstract

In-network storage systems store redundancy to compensate for the data loss
incurred by hardware failures. To maintain the amount of redundancy,
in-network storage systems should regenerate the lost redundancy on a
replacement server. This document introduces a practical work of
router-supported data regeneration in in-network storage systems. Supporting
routers in such systems can help to reduce the traffic incurred during the
regeneration and save the regeneration time. This document presents a
regeneration process that exploits the bandwidth diversity in the network,
and the corresponding protocol for storage servers and supporting routers
such that supporting routers can work transparently to support the
regeneration process.