Subject: [Detnet] FW: RFC 7491 on A PCE-Based Architecture for Application-Based Network Operations

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:03:19 +0000

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7491

        Title:      A PCE-Based Architecture for Application-Based 
                    Network Operations 
        Author:     D. King, A. Farrel
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      71
        Characters: 163636
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7491

Services such as content distribution, distributed databases, or
inter-data center connectivity place a set of new requirements on the
operation of networks.  They need on-demand and application-specific
reservation of network connectivity, reliability, and resources (such
as bandwidth) in a variety of network applications (such as
point-to-point connectivity, network virtualization, or mobile
back-haul) and in a range of network technologies from packet
(IP/MPLS) down to optical.  An environment that operates to meet
these types of requirements is said to have Application-Based
Network Operations (ABNO).  ABNO brings together many existing
technologies and may be seen as the use of a toolbox of existing
components enhanced with a few new elements.

This document describes an architecture and framework for ABNO,
showing how these components fit together.  It provides a cookbook of
existing technologies to satisfy the architecture and meet the needs
of the applications.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC