Subject: [Detnet] Data Plane Solutions Design Team

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 17:27:07 -0500

WG,

As planned, we have formed a Data Plane *Solutions* Design
Team. The DT is tasked with *selecting* the existing IP and/or
MPLS data plane technologies that should be considered as the the
foundation for the DetNet data plane definition. The full scope of
the DetNet data plane shall be considered and, as appropriate,
shall include QoS, OAM, time synchronization.  This effort will
leverage the Data Plane Alternatives WG draft.  The initial
deliverable of the Design Team is a Data Plane Solutions
individual draft, and is expected prior to IETF 98.  The Design
Team is expected to be disbanded once there is a WG Data Plane
Solutions draft.

While the DT has limited membership, the DT will choose how it
works to produce its individual draft(s). For example, the DT may
choose to publicize their calls/progress or not. We do appreciate
that not all who volunteered are include.  Those who are willing
to provide input to the DT should contact them directly.  Keep in
mind that there will be plenty of opportunity for input, per
normal WG process, once the DT's individual draft(s) are adopted
as WG documents.

Again, thank you to all who volunteered.

The members of the DT are:
    Balazs Varga <[email-masked]>
    Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
    David Mozes <[email-masked]>
    Janos Farkas <[email-masked]>
    Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>  <-- DT lead
    Loa Andeson <[email-masked]>
    Norman Finn <[email-masked]>
    Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
    Yuanlong Jiang <[email-masked]>

Pat and Lou