Subject: [Detnet] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-19: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 21:26:52 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-19: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 6.1.5

3GPP networks have some form of admission control to get access to these time
sensitive streams. I think that it is important to mention that here

* Section 6.2.1.

How does CPRI fit the narrative here for the fronthaul? Do you think it falls
under the proprietary protocol and framing category?

* Section 7.4

What does burstless mean (especially in the context of low packet loss)?

* Section 10.3

A reference to 3GPP TS 23.501 could be useful here to describe the 5G slicing.

* Section 12

I did not see much value in this but I am assuming this was put in to keep
track of out of scope items during the WG process. Could this be moved to an
Appendix?

* References

The reference for 3GPP TR 38.801 wrongly cites it as an IEEE spec. Please fix
this.

Typo:

* Section 9.1.3.

s/todayt/today/