Subject: [Detnet] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-19: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 00:10:29 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-19: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Ben's point regarding formal archival value, and would encourage
the working group to at least briefly consider the guidance for alternate
formats described in the final paragraph of
https://www.ietf.org/blog/support-documents-ietf-working-groups/

I don't object to publication of this document, as it was added to the DETNET
charter prior to the IESG's guidance on the topic. I simply want to make sure
the working group considered and ruled out alternate forms of making the use
cases available in light of their goals. On a casual examination, the goals
stated in the Introduction of this document would appear to be satisfied by any
of the three concrete suggestions given in the IESG guidance I cite above.