Subject: [Detnet] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-problem-statement-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 07:45:30 -0800

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-problem-statement-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-problem-statement/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Given the close relationship between this document and
draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases, I think that it would have been beneficial to
produce a single document.  As it stands neither one normatively references the
other.

draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-09 says it better:

   The Deterministic Networking Problem Statement
   [I-D.ietf-detnet-problem-statement] introduces Deterministic
   Networking, and Deterministic Networking Use Cases
   [I-D.ietf-detnet-use-cases] summarizes the need for it.