Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-security-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:53:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Ethan Grossman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-security-09.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2020-03-18

Abstract:
   A DetNet (deterministic network) provides specific performance
   guarantees to its data flows, such as extremely low data loss rates
   and bounded latency.  As a result, securing a DetNet implies that in
   addition to the best practice security measures taken for any
   mission-critical network, additional security measures may be needed
   whose purpose is exclusively to secure the intended operation of
   these novel service properties.  This document addresses specifically
   those security considerations, with the assumption that the reader is
   already familiar with network security best practices for the data
   plane technologies underlying a given DetNet implementation.  This
   document defines a threat model and a taxonomy of relevant attacks,
   including their potential impacts and mitigations.

   A given DetNet may require securing only certain aspects of DetNet
   performance, for example extremely low data loss rates but not
   necessarily bounded latency.  Therefore this document provides an
   association of threats against various use cases by industry, and
   also against the individual service properties as defined in the
   DetNet Use Cases.

   This document also addresses common DetNet security considerations
   related to the IP and MPLS data plane technologies (the first to be
   identified as supported by DetNet), thereby complementing the
   Security Considerations sections of the various DetNet Data Plane
   (and other) DetNet documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-security-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/