Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-security-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 15:43:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations
        Authors         : Ethan Grossman
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          Andrew  J. Hacker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-security-13.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2020-12-11

Abstract:
   A DetNet (deterministic network) provides specific performance
   guarantees to its data flows, such as extremely low data loss rates
   and bounded latency (including bounded latency variation, i.e.
   "jitter").  As a result, securing a DetNet requires that in addition
   to the best practice security measures taken for any mission-critical
   network, additional security measures may be needed to secure the
   intended operation of these novel service properties.

   This document addresses DetNet-specific security considerations from
   the perspectives of both the DetNet system-level designer and
   component designer.  System considerations include a threat model,
   taxonomy of relevant attacks, and associations of threats versus use
   cases and service properties.  Component-level considerations include
   ingress filtering and packet arrival time violation detection.

   This document also addresses security considerations specific to the
   IP and MPLS data plane technologies, thereby complementing the
   Security Considerations sections of those documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-security-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Ethan Grossman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 16:00:26 -0800

Hi All,
This v13 incorporates all of the review comments from Russ Housley (genart)
and almost all of the comments from Yaron Sheffer (secdir). The one
remaining comment from Yaron ("please provide additional specifics on the
mitigations presented") is partly addressed in v13 but additional work is
planned for v14. 
As far as I know, there are no other open comments - if anyone knows of
anything I missed, please let me know. 
As always, any additional comments or suggestions are welcome. 
Best,
Ethan (as DetNet Security draft editor and co-author)

-----Original Message-----
From: detnet <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 3:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-security-13.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security
Considerations
        Authors         : Ethan Grossman
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          Andrew  J. Hacker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-security-13.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2020-12-11

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
detnet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet