Subject: [Detnet] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 02:39:06 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for this document.  I found it pretty easy to read/follow, although the
relationship between this document and the YANG configuration data model could
perhaps be more clear in sections 1.1 and 1.2.  I.e. my interpretation is that
this document is not defining a configuration information model because a
configuration data mode (in YANG) is being defined instead.  In addition to
that, the YANG configuration data model will also make use of some of the
characteristics of the flow and service information models.  Is my
interpretation correct?  If so, perhaps the text could be tweaked to make this
a bit more explicit?

Otherwise, I only had a couple of minor comments:

(1) I would suggest that the summary section could probably be removed since
the document doesn't really need it.  Particularly, if the relationship between
the information model and YANG data model is further clarified in the
introduction/goals/non-goals.

(2) In the introduction, the start of paragraph 4 ("In the IETF DetNet service
..."), doesn't scan for me, and perhaps should be rephrased.

Thanks,
Rob