Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:31:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DetNet Bounded Latency
        Authors         : Norman Finn
                          Jean-Yves Le Boudec
                          Ehsan Mohammadpour
                          Jiayi Zhang
                          Balázs Varga
                          János Farkas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-04.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-03-22

Abstract:
   This document references specific queuing mechanisms, defined in
   other documents, that can be used to control packet transmission at
   each output port and achieve the DetNet qualities of service.  This
   document presents a timing model for sources, destinations, and the
   DetNet transit nodes that relay packets that is applicable to all of
   those referenced queuing mechanisms.  Using the model presented in
   this document, it should be possible for an implementor, user, or
   standards development organization to select a particular set of
   queuing mechanisms for each device in a DetNet network, and to select
   a resource reservation algorithm for that network, so that those
   elements can work together to provide the DetNet service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/