Subject: [Detnet] Document Action: 'Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-detnet-security-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 07:13:58 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-security-16.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

Technical Summary

   This document addresses DetNet-specific security considerations from
   the perspective of both the DetNet component designer and the DetNet
   system-level designer. this document provides an
   association of threats against various use cases by industry, and
   also against the individual service properties as defined in the
   DetNet Use Cases.

   This document also addresses common DetNet security considerations
   related to the IP and MPLS data plane technologies (the first to be
   identified as supported by DetNet), thereby complementing the
   Security Considerations sections of the various DetNet Data Plane
   (and other) DetNet documents.

Working Group Summary

There was significant discussion on what should be in this document and
if it was sufficient.  In the end, the document was indirectly reviewed
by several in the security directorate, as part of their reviews of the
previously submitted (for publication) data plane document and the
general feeling was that this document was in sufficient maturity to be
submitted for publication.

Document Quality

The document is one of the foundation documents for other DetNet WG
activities. It notably has had contributions from end-user part of the
market.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Lou Berger
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard