Subject: [Detnet] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-detnet-yang-12

From: Janos Farkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 21:34:05 +0000

All,

This starts Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-detnet-yang-12

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-yang/

The Working Group Last Call ends on June 11th.

Please send your comments to the working group mailing list.

Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is ready for publication", are welcome!

This is useful and important, even from authors.

Thank you,

János (DetNet Co-Chair & doc Shepherd)

---

From: t petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 12:13:59 +0100

> Please send your comments to the working group mailing list.

Ten pages of YANG tree diagram in the middle of the I-D breaks up the 
I-D and makes it harder to follow, for me.  The full diagram is needed, 
but not where it is.  Common practice is to place the whole diagram at 
the end, in an Appendix, and to place extracts, limited in depth, 
limited in extent, less than a page, ideally much less, after the text 
that describes their function.

I note that this approach was used in early version of this I-D and, for 
me, it is a retrograde step to have changed.

Whereever the diagrams are, they need an Informative Reference to RFC8340.

I note that this announcemnet is not copied to the address for the I-D 
nor to the addresses for the authors.  I would include them if they were!

Tom Petch