Subject: Failover draft conference calls

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:46:33 -0400 (EDT)

*****
** Conference Call Announcement to discuss the
** Failover draft -- you must reply to participate!
*****

At the last IETF we announced that we would be hosting a
conference call (or perhaps a series, if necessary) to discuss
the current failover draft, prior to a revision for the next
IETF in Washington.

Last February (1999) we hosted an on-site meeting here in Boston
which was reasonably well attended, and in which we made major
changes to the protocol (e.g., added load balancing, changed from
UDP to TCP, etc.)

Subsequent to that meeting, the draft was completely reorganized,
updated to reflect the changes to the protocol, and published in
time for the summer IETF in Oslo.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-04.txt

We feel that a conference call (or series of calls) would be the
best way to gather input on the latest draft.  While another
face-to-face meeting would be productive for those that could
attend, there are certainly some people who would like to
contribute but who cannot dedicate the time or money to fly
somewhere for a meeting.

We will sponsor one or more conference calls in the next week or
two to discuss the current failover draft.  This mail is to
solicit information from those that would like to participate.

**************************************************
        Conference Call Announcement
       YOU MUST REPLY TO PARTICIPATE
**************************************************

If you want to participate, I need email from you with answers to
the following questions:

1.  Your name(s), affiliation, and TIME ZONE.

2.  The topics in the current failover draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-04.txt)
which you would like to discuss in a conference call.  Please
order a list by priority.  Examples might be: load balancing,
implementation using TCP, server states, initialization, etc.

3.  Dates and times that would be best and worst for you for a
conference call(s).  Candidates are from Sept 30 through Oct 6
for the first, and possibly extending after Oct 6 if we need
multiple calls.  I'm expecting calls to last no more than
3 hours (not least because I get pretty fuzzy after that long
on a conference call).

4.  These will be toll free calls inside of the continental US.
If you are outside of the toll free area, and would need
financial assistance as a condition of participation in such a
call, please mention that and we'll see what we can work out.

Send your reply *only* to [email-masked] 
(i.e., don't reply to the whole list).

************************************************

Along about Tuesday, September 28, I'll make suggestions to the
group that replied about when and how many calls we might have,
and then we'll move forward.  I'm hoping to have one (possibly
the first) call late next week, Thursday Sept 30 or Friday Oct 1.

Cheers -- Kim

Kim Kinnear
Cisco Systems
Chelmsford, MA 01824

(978) 244-8376
[email-masked]