Subject: [dhcwg] Edit #1 of DHCPv6 spec

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

I am updating draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-24.txt, following up on Thomas
Narten's recent comments.  Here's the first of those updates:

Narten: The document makes references to DNS names in two places:

  > 9.3. Vendor-assigned unique ID based on Domain Name (VUID-DN)
  >
  >  The vendor-assigned unique ID based on the domain name consists of a
  >  two-octet value giving the length of the identifier, the value of the
  >  identifier and the vendor's registered domain name.

  I don't think VUID-DN format is needed and would suggest simply
  removing it.

The authors decided to retain the VUID-DN format and correct the text in
section 9.3 to reflect the representation of DNS names
specified in section 8.

*** dhcpv6-24.txt	Tue Apr 23 15:35:14 2002
--- dhcpv6.tty	Tue May 14 15:43:55 2002
***************
*** 1258,1272 ****
     +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
     | 0 | 2 | 0 | 8 | 12|192|132|221|
     +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
!    | 3 | 0 | 9 | 18|101|120| 97|109|
     +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
-    |112|108|101| 46| 99|111|109|
-    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

     This example includes the two-octet type of 2, the two-octet length
     of 8, eight octets of identifier data, followed by "example.com"
!    represented in ASCII.

  9.4. Vendor-assigned unique ID based on Enterprise Number (VUID-EN)
--- 1258,1272 ----
     +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
     | 0 | 2 | 0 | 8 | 12|192|132|221|
     +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
!    | 3 | 0 | 9 | 18| 7 |101|120| 97|
!    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
!    |109|112|108|101| 3 | 99|111|109|
     +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

     This example includes the two-octet type of 2, the two-octet length
     of 8, eight octets of identifier data, followed by "example.com"
!    represented as described in section 8.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg