Subject: [dhcwg] SNMP on DHCP *client*

From: Mark Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 14:49:12 -0700

I asked this on the developer list for net-snmp, and they recommended I
come here and ask.

Is there a "right place" for SNMP variables for a DHCP *client*?  I was
somewhat surprised not to see anything like that in rfc1213/rfc1573.

What I mean is, I would like to ask the question "was this address
configured manually, or via DHCP, (or by BOOTP, RARP, etc)?", "what is
the lease time for this address?", etc.

I could add this to my local vendor MIB, but if possible, I would
really prefer to use an IETF RFC MIB.

If such a RFC doesn't yet exist, maybe I should see if I can invest the
effort to encourage one to come into existence...

-- 
Mark Atwood   | Well done is better than well said.
[email-masked] | 
http://www.pobox.com/~mra
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg