Subject: [dhcwg] Dhcp reserved addresses

From: "Sachin Vora" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:28:28 -0500

The problem:

Assuming that there is no mechanism to prevent the administrator to reserve 
an address which is in the dynamic allocation pool.
If prior to reserving the address the dhcp server has leased that Ip address 
to a client (say client A) and then before renewal it reconfigures and 
leaves this assigned address in the dynamic pool but reserves the same 
address for a client X then how should the dhcp server handle the scenario 
when the Client X comes and asks for address.
Should it refuse the reserved host as the address reserved for it is in use 
or should it give the reserved host an unreserved address from the pool?

Sachin 
************************************************************************************
                  Accept your limitations and then go beyond them
************************************************************************************

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg