Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:02:43 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "The Authentication
Suboption for the DHCP Relay Agent Option"
<draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00>.  The last call
will conclude on Friday, May 16.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

This specification defines two mechanisms for securing the messages
exchanged between a relay agent and a server.  The first mechanism
defines a new authentication suboption for the Relay Agent
Information Option that supports source entity authentication and
data integrity for relayed DHCP messages.  The authentication
suboption contains a cryptographic signature in a payload derived
from the option used in DHCP Authentication (RFC 3118).  The second
mechanism uses IPsec (RFC 2041) to protect messages exchanged between
relay agents and servers.  This document is being considered for
publication as Informational, and is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: John Schnizlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:58:02 -0400

Simple acknowledgement of support.