Subject: [dhcwg] leasequery draft update

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:25:10 -0400

Folks,

I have submitted a new update to the leasequery draft:

	draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-05.txt

This updates the current -04 version at ietf.org, and replaces an
interim -05 version from dhcp.org (which didn't make the last
deadline).  I didn't bump the version beyond the interim version
since that version never made it through the ietf.org process.

Here is the list of the changes made since -04.  #1 and #2 were
available in the interim version, and #3 -> #6 were made since then.
All of these changes were discussed at the last IETF meeting.

----------------

1.  Updated the leasequery draft to address the issues raised by
Thomas Narten concerning the problem statement and how it relates
to the actual protcol extension described in the draft.

2. I have changed the Abstract and the beginning of sections 1, 3,
4, and 5.  The changes were restricted to the first few
paragraphs of each numbered section.

3. Removed R bit and all reservations information.

4. Remove ability to get information about existing clients which don't
have active leases.  Changed the DHCPLEASEKNOWN message to return only
information that this server knows about this IP address (so that the
relay agent doesn't have to ask other servers).

5. Updated normative/informative.

6. Updated front matter to ensure it is about gleaning.

----------------

Cheers -- Kim

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg