Subject: [dhcwg] Leasequery draft update

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:07:32 -0400

Folks,

I have submitted a new update to the leasequery draft:

	draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-06.txt

This updates the current -05 version at ietf.org.

This draft contains minor changes previously requested and
approved at an IETF meeting as well as all of the comments
currently outstanding from the WG last call of the draft.  All of
the changes are listed below.

The first three items are previously outstanding comments that
were requested and approved at an IETF WG meeting, and that I
said were included in the draft in email discussing changes, but
which were omitted in the -05 version of the draft due to a
clerical error on my part.  You could consider these early
responses to the last call.

1.  Removed R bit and all reservations information.

2.  Removed ability to get information about existing clients
which don't have active leases.  Changed the DHCPLEASEKNOWN
message to return only information that this server knows about
this IP address (so that the relay agent doesn't have to ask
other servers).

3.  Updated front matter to ensure it is about gleaning.

4.  Fixed section 6.4.2 to say that the T1 and T2 times would not
be returned if they were in the past.

5.  Changed DHCPLEASEKNOWN to DHCPLEASEACTIVE in the paragraph
two before the one in section 4.

6.  Generalized discussion of how to handle failover servers to
how to handle multiple servers, with failover as an example of
this situation.

7.  Removed hyphenation of words at line breaks.

8.  Split references into Normative and Informative.

9.  Section 1, second paragraph: deleted "new lightweight" in
last sentence.

10.  Section 1, second paragraph after Figure 2, replaced "due to
reboot" with "because the access concentrator has rebooted".

11.  Fixed Section 6.1, numbered list to have correct numbers and
grammar.

12.  Section 6.4, bullet list item "DHCPLEASEUNKOWN", second
paragraph, replaced DHCPLEASEKNOWN with DHCPLEASEUNKNOWN and
replaced "response" with "respond".

13.  Section 6.4.2, last paragraph was redundant with the next to
last paragraph in section 3.  The paragraph in section 3 was
deleted (not appropriate for the Background).

14.  Section 6.6, last two paragraphs, replaced the exponential
backoff algorithm for individual packets with that from RFC 2131
by reference.  Enhanced the clarity of the discussion of
per-server timer (which really isn't a backoff algorithm in any
case).

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg