Subject: [dhcwg] Realy Agent Response to Client

From: "Huma Hakim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:19:13 +0000

Hello,

In sending a response message back to the client, if the broadcast flag is 
not set the message needs to be sent as a unicast to the yiaddr IP and the 
chaddr link layer address.

How can one specify the MAc address in an outgoing message?
In my system all I can specify is the IP layer Destination Address.

Also which process in the Client looks at each message and compares the MAC 
address with its own to realise that this yiaddr is meant for it?

Would apprciate your response to my questions.

Thank You
Huma

_________________________________________________________________
Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. 
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service 
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg