Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:51:09 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "RADIUS Attributes Sub-option for
the DHCP Relay Agent Information Option"
<draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt>.  The
last call will conclude at 5PM ET on Friday, 10/24/2003.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt provides a way through which network
elements can pass information obtained through layer 2 authentication to a
DHCP server.  The IEEE 802.1X protocol is an example of a mechanism for
providing authenticated layer 2 network access that would be used with
draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:20:38 -0400

In the interests of due diligence, here are my comments on 
draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt (which I co-authored with John 
Schnizlein):

Question:

Does the server return the RADIUS Attributes Sub-option (containing the 
contents originally sent by the relay agent) in its response message?

Nits:

In section "Status of this Memo", avoid breaking URLs across lines (anyone 
got a fix for this problem in xml2rfc?)

In the Introduction, the labels (and there should only be one label) on 
Figure 1 is at the top of page 3.

In section 2.3, fix formatting of RADIUS terminology list.

In section 3, first sentence, delete "new".

In section 5, first sentence, replace "an relay" with "a relay".

Add a sentence before the References giving [email-masked] as mailing list 
for comments.