Subject: [dhcwg] Solicitation for Implementation Issues with RFC 2131

From: "Barr Hibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:28:06 -0700

The DHC Working Group is attempting to identify all known implementation
issues with RFC 2131 as a basis for a final discussion and review of RFC
2131 before it is published as an Internet Standard.

This work grew from a discussion item during the DHC Working Group meeting
at IETF-55 in Atlanta during November 2002.

The DHC Working Group solicits comments about RFC 2131 in the following
areas:

   o  typographical errors:  misspelled words, poor grammar, etc.

   o  contradictions between sections of RFC 2131

   o  contradictions between RFC 2131 and other RFCs

   o  any functionality given in RFC 2131 that was not described clearly
      and unambiguously

   o  errors, omissions, and incomplete specification

   o  obsolete behavior, or reference to obsolete RFCs and other documents

   o  any functionality that is covered [better] by another RFC

   o  any behavior or functionality that was difficult to implement or debug

   o  any behavior or functionality that contradicted or interfered with any
      other functionality or behavior specified by another RFC or
      implementation platform

   o  any behavior or functionality that generated dissent or questions from
      your user(s)

An initial list of implementation issues was published as an Internet-Draft
(draft-ietf-dhc-implementation-00.txt) prior to IETF-56 and has received
some comments, either direct to the editors or to the mailing list.  The
editors are attempting to update the draft prior to the Minneapolis Working
Groups meeting.

Please reply to the mailing list with any implementation issues that you
wish to have discussed or clarified, so that they may be included in our
review.

Thanks in advance,

--Barr

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:27:13 +0800

Hi, I came up with a draft sometime back addressing an issue with using of "client identifier". Following is the link to the draft. Please include this also in your review:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swamy-dhc-client-id-00.txt

regards,
swamy.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Barr Hibbs [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:58 PM
> To: Dhcwg
> Subject: [dhcwg] Solicitation for Implementation Issues with RFC 2131
> 
> 
>