Subject: [dhcwg] Re: WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-mipadvert-opt-01.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 06:28:12 -0400

Comment on draft-ietf-dhc-mipadvert-opt-01.txt:

What are the precise rules for sending and receiving these options?  In
which messages does a client or a server send these options?  For example:

   * The client MAY include the Network Access Identifier sub-option in a
     DHCPDISCOVER message
   * The server MUST include the Network Access Identifier sub-option from
     the client in a DHCPDISCOVER message (always? only if the server used
     the sub-option in selecting client parameters?)
   * The client MUST include thje Network Access Identifier sub-option in a
     DHCPREQUEST message if it included it in the DHCPDISCOVER message
   * The server MUST include the Network Access Identifier sub-option in a
     DHCPACK message

Can these sub-options be used in DHCPINFORM messages?

In section 6, add a request to IANA to maintain a registry for the
sub-options in this option.  See the IANA considerations of RFC 3315 for an
example of such a request.

Nits:

In the first sentence of the section "Status of this Memo", change "in full
conformance with" to "subject to", in accordance with "Guidelines to Authors
of Internet-Drafts" (1id-guidelines.txt).

In the fourth paragraph of the section "Status of this Memo", reformat to
avoid breaking "http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt" across two lines.

In the Abstract, delete "new" in the first sentence.

If this option applies only to IPv4, mention it in the "Introdcution".  It
might be good to mention RFC 2131 in the "Introduction", too.

Separate section "2 Terminology" into "2.1 Requirements Terminology" and
"2.2 Mobile IP Terminology".  A reference to terminology in RFC 2131 might
be appropriate, too.

In section 3.3, under the format of the Mobility Agent Accouncement
sub-option, in list entry "Agent IP Address", change "trough" to "through".

In the same list, is the entry "Reserved-0" needed?  I don't see a field
labeled "Reserved-0".

Mention somewhere in the draft that discussion about the draft should be
sent to [email-masked].

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg