Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:49:02 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Failover Protocol"
<draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt>.  The last call will conclude at 5PM ET on 
Monday, 11/17/2003.

This WG last call is a second last call on draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt.  
There was insufficient response to the earlier WG last call to determine 
consensus on WG acceptance of the document.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

Lack of response does *not* represent acceptance of the document.  If there 
is insufficient response to this WG last call, the document will not be 
submitted to the IESG for publication.  Because of the unusual overlap 
between the set of authors of this document and the set of implementors 
interested in the specification, authors are encouraged to respond to this 
WG last call.

draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt defines a protocol to provide
synchronization between two DHCP servers.  The DHCP specification [RFC
2131] allows for multiple servers to be operating on a single network.
For a deployment with multiple servers to work reliably, 
cooperating primary and secondary servers must be synchronized to
maintain a consistent database of the lease information.  This
document is being considered for Proposed Standard, and is available
as http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:22:17 -0800

RD> This WG last call is a second last call on
    RD> draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt.  There was insufficient
    RD> response to the earlier WG last call to determine consensus on
    RD> WG acceptance of the document.

    RD> Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support
    RD> acceptance of the document without change, respond with a
    RD> simple acknowledgment, so that support for the document can be
    RD> assessed.

I support acceptance of this draft as it is.

-- Scanner       ([email-masked])
   Nominum, Inc. | www.nominum.com | +1.650.779.6035