Subject: [dhcwg] IDs on remote boot support for DHCP

From: "Vijayabhaskar A K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:45:44 +0530

Hi All

I am attaching two new drafts dealing with remote boot support for DHCP.
I could not submit the draft to ID queue, as the deadline has crossed.
Please go through these drafts and let me know your comments. The
abstract of these drafts are given below

* The Extended Remote Boot Option for DHCPv4

Single TFTP server for huge number of diskless clients is prone
to single point of failure.  So, Multiple TFTP servers are needed for
high availability.  Moreover, some of the clients need multiple
bootfiles for boot up.  This document provides a new DHCPv4 option
for clients to obtain information about multiple TFTP servers and
bootfiles.

* DHCPv6 Support for Remote Boot

This document provides new DHCPv6 (Dynamic Host Configuration
protocol version 6) options for clients, to obtain information about
TFTP servers and bootfiles needed for booting.

Vijay