Subject: [dhcwg] Publication of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-01.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:28:43 -0400

As chair of the dhc working group, on behalf of the working group, I request
that the following document be published as a Proposed Standard:

	Title		: A Guide to Implementing Stateless DHCPv6 Service
	Author(s)	: R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-10-7

A dhc WG last call on this document was initiated in
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/dhcwg/current/msg01999.html
and terminated on 4/25/2003.

There was some discussion about the draft, which can be read through the
thread index following the original announcement.  There was also a short
discussion following an earlier announcement in:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/dhcwg/current/msg01987.html

There were several responses in support of publishing the document.
Jinmei-san raised several issues in
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/dhcwg/current/msg02005.html
All of these issues, with one exception, have been addressed in
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-01.txt  Note that, although I said I would
make a clarification to the draft based on Jinmei-san's comment:

    4. interaction/consistency with RFC 246[12]

    How the stateless usage is related to the "Other stateful
    configuration" of router advertisements defined in RFC 2461 and 2462?

I changed my mind and did not make the change.

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg