Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:05:25 -0400

The issues documented in draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt, "Results from
Interoperability Tests of DHCPv6 Implementations", were all addressed in the
DHCPv6 spec prior to its publication as RFC3315.
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt is about to expire; does anyone have an
argument for publishing it as Informational or otherwise archiving it?

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 02:49:08 +0900

>>>>> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:05:25 -0400, 
>>>>> Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> said:

> argument for publishing it as Informational or otherwise archiving it?

Please let me check, do you want to let the draft expire, or do you
want to publish (archive) it in some way?  (or are you just asking?)

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:56:35 -0400

Jinmei-san - yes, I'm trying to assess interest in publishing the draft as,
for example, an Informational RFC or letting it expire.

- Ralph

At 02:49 AM 10/7/2003 +0900, JINMEI Tatuya /

---

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:10:17 -0400

Ralph:

If published as a RFC, I think it has the potential to create more confusion
as it references a draft (-28) which would not exist. So, I think the
document, as written, would create more harm than good.

It is too bad that the discussion and resolution sections will be lost since
these do provide useful information that was lost when the changes were
incorporated into the DHCPv6 RFC.

So, my recommendation is to let it expire (perhaps it is available in some
sort of expired I-D archive?).

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ralph
Droms
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 1:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt

- Ralph