Subject: [dhcwg] RE: draft-chowdhury-dhc-bcmcv4-option-00.txt

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 01:33:37 -0400

While preparing for the DHC WG meeting, I found these issues with
draft-chowdhury-dhc-bcmcv4-option-00.txt:

Option-Request-Option is used when it should be Parameter Request List
option.

In section 2, informative is misspelled (inforamtive).

Client is misspelled (as cleint).

It is likely a bad idea to specify DNS compression. But this may be
something best discussed during the WG meeting or on the mailing list.

With the current design, it is only possible for ONE type of encoding to be
used (since multiple instances of the option are concatenated). So, you
might consider moving the encoding byte before EVERY entry in the list. So,
one could have:
	<0><domain-name><1><ip-address><0>domain-name>

Section 5 says "DHCPv6" when it should say DHCPv4. A reference in this
security issues section to RFC 3118 might also be appropriate? See some of
the other existing drafts for what you might add?

You might word the IANA Consideration section as:

   IANA is requested to assign a DHCPv4 option code for the Broadcast
Service Controller Domain Name list
   option, in accordance with RFC 2939.

I'm also wondering whether IANA needs to maintain a list of the encoding
types? But, hopefully not.

- Bernie

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg