Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] Question on Link-address

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:02:35 +0800

I missed the question on Link-Address in the slides of 'DHCPv6bis update'
this morning.

"Link-addr field is used by the server to identify the link/subnet the
client is connected to. Can it be ::?"

I guess the example in RFC6221 permit '::' to be the link-addr:

   The link-address parameter MUST be set to
   the unspecified address.    @ section 5.1 of RFC6221

   When an LDRA receives a Relay-Reply message with
   an Interface-ID option present and link-address unspecified, the LDRA
   MUST relay the decapsulated message to the client on the interface
   identified in the Interface-ID option.    @ section 5.3.2 of RFC6221

   The LDRA MUST
   set the link-address field of the Relay-Forward message to the
   Unspecified Address (::) and MUST include the Interface-ID option in
   all DHCP Relay-Forward messages.    @ section 6.1 of RFC6221

   the link-address is the Unspecified Address when no IP address is
   configured on the LDRA.    @ section 6.2 of RFC6221

Best Regards,
Leaf