Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #160 (XML 3315): Add text from RFC 7550 re single 'session'

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 21:50:36 -0000

#160: Add text from RFC 7550 re single 'session'

 We should likely add some text from RFC 7550, section 4. Handling of
 Multiple IA Option Types, into the reorganized section 17.1 Client
 Behavior.

 Perhaps adding:

    When a client requests multiple IA option types, it is possible
    that the available server(s) may only be configured to offer a
    subset of them. When possible, the client SHOULD use the best
    configuration available and continue to request the additional
    IAs in subsequent messages. This allows the client to maintain
    single session and state machine. In practice, especially in the
    case of handling IA_NA and IA_PD, this situation should be rare
    or a temporary operational error.  Thus, it is more likely for
    the client to get all configuration if it continues, in each
    subsequent configuration exchange, to request all the
    configuration information it is programmed to try to obtain,
    including any stateful configuration options for which no
    results were returned in previous exchanges. (See [RFC7550] for
    more discussion.)

-- 
----------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  task            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |  Milestone:  D stateful issues
Component:  XML 3315        |   Keywords:
 Due Date:                  |
----------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/160>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:12:57 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:   => [email-masked]

>    results were returned in previous exchanges. (See [RFC7550] for

New description:

 We should likely add some text from RFC 7550, section 4. Handling of
 Multiple IA Option Types, into the reorganized section 17.1 Client
 Behavior. (There's already some text at the end of

 Perhaps adding:

--

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  D stateful issues
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/160#comment:1>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:13:04 -0000

* status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  D stateful issues
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/160#comment:2>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>