Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #158 (XML 3315): Inconsistent UseMulticast checks?

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:29:09 -0000

#158: Inconsistent UseMulticast checks?

 RFC 3315 never had text to check for a unicast Information-Request and
 Rebind and if not allowed, to send UseMulticast status code response. Do
 we want to specify the behavior with respect to unicast for Information-
 Request?

 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3315#section-18.2.4 and
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3315#section-18.2.5 say nothing about
 unicast checks?

 Note that the main concern here would be that Relay-Forw's would be
 skipped, which might include information of value to processing the
 Information-Request and even more so for a Rebind. (This is an issue if
 the address the client used was not "known" by the server.)

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  task            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |  Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |   Keywords:
 Due Date:                  |
----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/158>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>