Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #157 (XML 3315): Client can not generally just 'retransmit' requests

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 18:31:48 -0000

#157: Client can not generally just 'retransmit' requests

 While reviewing the updated text for Ticket #142, I was wondering whether
 we need something in Section 17.1, Client Behavior, or more likely in
 Section 14, Reliability of Client Initiated Message Exchanges, that
 clients really can't just re-transmit a message but must reconstruct it.
 This is because (1) the Elapsed Time option (which is required) needs to
 be updated. And, in some cases (such as Renew/Rebind), the IA_ADDR and
 IA_PREFIX options included might change as the valid lifetimes expire.

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  task            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |  Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |   Keywords:
 Due Date:                  |
----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/157>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:48:30 -0000

#157: Client cannot generally just 'retransmit' requests

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/157#comment:1>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>