Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #165 (XML 3315): Section 13.2 title is a bit odd (Transmission) (-05)

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 17:22:38 -0000

#165: Section 13.2 title is a bit odd (Transmission) (-05)

 Should we modify the title of section 13.2?

 13.2.  Choosing transmission time when T1 / T2 is 0

 Perhaps use (with possibly reworking the text a bit):

 13.2.  Client behavior when T1 / T2 is 0

    In three cases T1 and/or T2 time may be set to zero:

    1. a client received an IA_NA option with a zero value;
    2. a client received an IA_PD option with a zero value;
    3. a client received an IA_TA option (which does not contain T1
       and T2 fields and are not generally renewed).

    This is an indication that the renew and rebind times are left
    at the client's discretion. However, they are not completely
    discretionary.

    When T1 and/or T2 times are set to zero, the client MUST choose a
    time to avoid packet storms.  In particular, it MUST NOT transmit
    immediately.  If the client received multiple IA containers, it
    SHOULD pick renew and/or rebind transmission times so all IA
    containers are handled in one exchange, if possible.  A client MUST
    choose renew and rebind times to not violate rate limiting
    restrictions, defined in Section 13.1.

-- 
----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  task            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  P4 minor        |  Milestone:  G open issues for WGLC
Component:  XML 3315        |   Keywords:
 Due Date:                  |
----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/165>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>