Subject: DHCP configuration files

From: Biswajit Tripathy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:48:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

    I'm 1 day  old to this mailing list.  So please forgive me if
    this is in FAQ (please send me the FAQ url).

    I have  experience  in using the DHCP server  that comes with
    HP-UX.  As you guys might know, this product  implements both
    Bootp   and   DHCP.   The   bootp   configuration   file   is
    /etc/bootptab and DHCP configuration file is /etc/dhcptab.

    Now my  questions.  
    
    *  Does all other available servers in the market use similar
       configuration   files   (like   bootptab   and   dhcptab)?
       Obviously all server has to use  configuration  files, but
       is there  any  format  (probably  defined  in RFC) that is
       followed across the industry?

    *  I know that NT's DHCP  server  does not  implement  Bootp.
       What about other server's in market?
--
Regards,
Biswajit Tripathy (B.T)
Bangalore, INDIA

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg Rabil)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:55:01 -0500 (EST)

Unfortunately, there is no standard configuration file format
across all implementations of DHCP.  However, there are
some proposed LDAP schemas for standard DS-based DHCP
configuration.

A. Gregory Rabil
Software Engineer
Quadritek Systems Inc.
(A Lucent Company)
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From:	Biswajit Tripathy [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wednesday, November 11, 1998 1:49 AM
To:	Multiple recipients of list
Subject:	DHCP configuration files

Hi All,

    Now my  questions.