From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 23:15:34 -0500 (EST)

Jay Goldschmidt and Nick Stone, CS majors here at Bucknell, have developed
an implementation of DHCP in Java.  Their code is a package for creating,
transmitting, receiving and interpreting DHCP messages.  Jay and Nick have
used their code to write a simple DHCP client that can exchange DHCP
message sequences with a DHCP server.  They are working on a more
sophisticated application that will emulate the behavior of multiple DHCP
clients.

For more information, go to http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~jgoldsch/dhcp/

- Ralph

=====

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Important!  On Dec. 5, 1998, Bucknell University will switch to a new area
code and exchange number.  After Dec. 5, my phone numbers will be:

(570) 577-1145
(570) 577-1394 (dept)
(570) 577-1822 (fax)

My home phone number will also change to the 570 area code on Dec. 5.

=====

- Ralph Droms
  [email-masked]    Associate Professor of Computer Science
  (717) 524-1145        Bucknell University
  (717) 524-1822 (fax)  Lewisburg, PA 17837