Subject: RFC 2242 NetWare/IP Information (DHCP Option 63)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:44:15 -0700

Greetings,

I have a couple of questions regarding DHCP Option 63 and the
NWIP_EXIST_IN_SNAME_FILE suboption (code 3).

1.  Under what circumstances would an administrator use suboption
NWIP_EXIST_IN_SNAME_FILE instead of 
     NWIP_EXIST_IN_OPTIONS_AREA?  Is there any advantage to using subcode 3
over subcode 2 ?
          
2.  From reading the RFC, I'm assuming that if the NWIP_EXIST_IN_SNAME_FILE
is present in opton 63,
     then option 62 (Netware IP domain Name) is encoded in the SNAME / FILE
fields of the DHCPOFFER / DHCPACK 
     packet but is not to be placed the options section of the DHCP packet.
Is this correct?

Thanks
Dave Irizarry
QA
CheckPoint Software Technologies