Subject: RE: WG Last Call draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-*.txt

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:06:58 -0500

Bernard seems to be publishing revisions of this document faster than we can
review them!

Based on the 05 revision, I fully support this document.

Hopefully, this document will be submitted after draft-ietf-dhc-concat-01.txt
goes to RFC (or in parallel) such that the RFC can be referenced.

- Bernie Volz

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 5:02 PM
To: DHCPv4 discussion list
Subject: Announcement of WG last call for
<draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-04.txt> (corrected ID reference)

This message announces a DHC WG last call for "DHCP
Domain Search Option" <draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-04.txt>.
At the WG meeting in London the WG agreed to go to WG
last call for this draft immediately after IETF-51.

Please forward any comments you may have on this draft
to [email-masked] by Friday, August 24.

- Ralph Droms

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 7:01 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DHCP Domain Search Option
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-05.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 15-Aug-01
	
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) provides a mechanism for
host configuration. RFC 2132 allows DHCP servers to specify
configuration information for various kinds of name services to be
passed to DHCP clients.  In some circumstances, it is useful for the
DHCP client to be configured with the domain search list.  This document
defines a new DHCP option which is passed from the DHCP Server to the
DHCP Client to specify the domain seach list when resolving hostnames.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:06:58 -0500