Subject: [dhcwg] Intresting but painful

From: "Serra S. (Steven)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:54:06 +0200

Hi, I have the following issue...
2 locations, 2 different networks each with their own dhcp server..
loc1 is 194.217.0.0
loc2 is 163.201.0.0

Mobile users travelling between the 2 sites are getting error mesaages about
not been able to renew lease, now this is ovious as
once pc has moved to another network initial server that issued ip cannopt
be reached...my question is this, surely after the attempt at retrieving
renewal from the server that issued the ip, the client should broadcast thru
its local interface on the network for a dhcp server get a nack and then go
into discover mode, getting a new ip on the new network. This is not
happening, server is not issueing an ip, user's pc lands up doing the randon
ip thing and of course nothing works.....Anyone that can help !!!!

Thanks
Me.

EMAIL DISCLAIMER : THIS E-MAIL AND THE INFORMATION THAT IT CONTAINS MAY BE CONFIDENTIAL,LEGALLY PRIVILEGED AND PROTECTED BY LAW. ACCESS BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT ONLY IS AUTHORIZED. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs to Nedcor Investment Bank Limited. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Nedcor Investment Bank Limited. Except as required by law, Nedcor Investment Bank Limited does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference. Nedcor Investment Bank Limited is a registered bank and is regulated by the Banks A!
 ct of 1990.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg