Subject: RE: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-packetcable-04.txt

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:13:36 -0700

So that this thread does not read like a risk game between CableLabs vs.
IETF, note that: 
  (a) references of CableLabs in this thread are sometimes "abusive". It
is the intent of CableLabs to work with IETF and rely on IETF for DHCP
option/sub-option assignments and review.
  (b)The CableLabs PacketCable provisioning spec has been clear for
quite some time now on this DHCP option code: 
PKT-SP-PROV-I05-021127 publicly posted states 
In section 8: "The CM and MTA requirements for DHCP Option Codes 177
[...] are detailed in section 8.1 [...]. These DHCP options are
currently defined in a draft proposal submitted to the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) DHCP committee [13]."
In section 8.1: "DHCP option code 177 is a temporary code that the
PacketCable embedded-MTA device can use until a permanent code is
assigned by the IETF."

Jean-Francois.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg