Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on <draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt>

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:25:15 -0400

(Cross-posted to namedroppers; see http://www1.ietf.org/mail-
archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg05005.html for earlier discussion of this
document)

This message announces a WG last call on "Resolution of DNS Name
Conflicts among DHCP Clients" <draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt>.
The last call will conclude at 1700 EST (USA) on 2005-06-08.

Please respond to this WG last call.  Note that this is the *second*
last call for this document.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

If you commented about this document between the first last call and
this new last call, please repost your comment so we can be sure to
assess all support for the document.

Summary:

There are options in DHCP that can be used for transmitting
information about updating DNS. However, these do not explicitly
control updating the name to address and address to name mappings
maintained in the DNS, as performed by hosts acting as DHCP clients
and servers. draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt describes
techniques for the resolution of DNS name conflicts among DHCP clients
and servers.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-
resolution-08.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg