Subject: RE: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:28:40 -0400

With the previously mentioned edits (critical ones below), I AM in FAVOR
of advancing this draft.

In Section 2, New Timezone Options for DHCPv4:

OLD:

  The following three options are defined for DHCPv4:

NEW:

  The following two options are defined for DHCPv4:
                ^^^
---

OLD:

   Len is the two-octet value of the length of the succeeding string for
   each option.

NEW:

   Len is the one-octet value of the length of the succeeding string for
              ^^^
   each option.

---

Optionally, you may want to reference RFC 3396, but I don't think there
is a need.

---

And, there is the discussion Shane/Eliot/Mark had regrading the DHCPv4
client transition issues (old vs new timezone options). However they
decide regarding that is fine by me.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms (rdroms) 
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on
draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt

This message announces a WG last call on "A Timezone Option for DHCP"
<draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt>.  The last call will conclude
at 1700EDT on Wed, 2006-08-16.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt specifies new options for both
DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 to provide hosts with accurate timezone
information, using the following two means to configure timezones:
    o  POSIX TZ strings
    o  Reference to the TZ Database.
This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-timezone- 
option-02.txt

- Ralph Droms

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg