Subject: [dhcwg] summary of last call comments and their resolution for draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:19:09 +0200

Dear all,

Thank you for your review of draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt. 
Here is a summary of the comments we received and how we addressed them:

   1. The DHCPv4 option length was changed from two octets to one octet;
   2. Quotes were removed in some places and typos were fixed;
   3. We added an additional reference to cal-dst.el to demonstrate how
      one could derive a POSIX 1003.1 string from a TZ Database name
      based on comments received from John Hawkinson (jhawk);
   4. We added additional security considerations with a warning about
      changing the timezone on critical systems;
   5. We clarified the deprecation text based on Shane Kerr's proposal
      and added some text for transition based on Stig's comments;
   6. We reorganized the introduction and replaced the abstract based on
      Ralph Droms' comments;
   7. We added text that the if the server implements either option it
      SHOULD implement the other, based on Stig's comments;
   8. We removed the words "So Called" referring to TZ Database; and finally
   9. We added numerous acknowledgments, as neither Paul nor I are DHCP
      experts (although we're both learning).

Thank you for improving this document.  A new
draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-03.txt has been submitted to reflect
these changes.    If I have missed something or if you are unhappy with
the wording of any of these changes, please let me know.

Regards,

Eliot

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg