Subject: [dhcwg] Timezone draft: some comments from shane

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:45:15 +0200

Regarding the attached message, assuming no objections the authors will
make the changes recommended by Shane.

Eliot

Subject: Re: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt
From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
To: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:45:31 +0200

[email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> 	Title		: A Timezone Option for DHCP
> 	Author(s)	: E. Lear, P. Eggert
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-timezone-option-02.txt
> 	Pages		: 10
> 	Date		: 2006-7-18
> 	

Minor nit:

You should probably use the same text to describe the contents of the
DHCP and DHCPv6 options. So either:

- - "IEEE 1003.1 String" or "TZ POSIX String"
- - "Reference to the TZ Database" or "TZ Database String"

I prefer the second, because it is used later in the text where they are
described.

Minor suggestion:

In the section on deprecation, I find the following text confusing:

                Implementations of the time offset IPv4 option SHOULD
   implement this option as well.  Others SHOULD instead implement this
   option.

Perhaps something like:

"Current implementations that support the time offset IPv4 option SHOULD
implement this option also. Other implementations SHOULD implement this
option, and SHOULD NOT implement the time offset IPv4 option."

The draft looks very good! :)

- --
Shane

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg