Subject: [dhcwg] Authentication for DHCP messages

From: "Vijayalakshmi Seshadri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:15:41 +0530

Hi all

I have setup dhcp host and client using the code available in
http://www.isc.org/     (dhcp-3.0pl1)

I want the message to encoded and sent between the dhcp host and client
according to the RFC 3118 Authentication for DHCP messages.

What is the options or extra lines to be added in dhcpd.conf or
dhclient.conf to have this features .

If you have any pointers , that will be quite useful too .

 

Thanxs

viji

Airvana Networks India Private Limited

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:12:57 +0200

> If you have any pointers , that will be quite useful too .

AFAIK, supporting the authentication requires code to be written, both on the 
client and the server (and on the relay agent too, if you want to authenticate 
that using RFC 4030).

There is no way to support DHCP authentication just by putting extra lines in 
the configuration files. Sorry!

--
Shane