Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-flags-00.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:13:34 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCPv4 Relay Agent Flags
Suboption" <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-flags-00.txt>.  The last call
will conclude at 1700EDT on Wed, 2006-08-16.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-flags-00.txt defines a suboption of the
DHCP relay agent information option that allows the DHCP relay to
specify flags for the forwarded packet.  One flag is defined to
indicate whether the DHCP relay received the packet via a unicast or
broadcast packet.  This information may be used by the DHCP server to
better serve clients based on whether their request was originally
broadcast or unicast.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent- 
flags-00.txt

- Ralph Droms

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:43:32 -0700

> support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not

I support acceptance of this document without change.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.	-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "pavan_kurapati" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:24:01 +0530

>acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced

Just one minor editorial comment :
In Introduction : 3rd para:
"and so it may  be unable to processes the DHCP client packets.."
Change 'processes' to 'process'.

I support the acceptance of this draft.

Thanks,
Pavan

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

---

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:02:10 +0200

Ralph Droms wrote:
> support for the document can be assessed.

I support acceptance of the document without change.

- --
Shane

---

From: Bud Millwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:22:17 +0200

Bud Millwood
Weird Solutions, Inc.
http://www.weird-solutions.com
tel: +46 8 758 3700
fax: +46 8 758 3687
mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: "Ranpreet Singh Gujral" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:16:59 +0530

-Ranpreet

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:06:30 -0400

Stig posted the following comments about this draft in July.  Please  
consider them as comments received during the WG last call on draft- 
ietf-dhc-relay-agent-flags-00.txt.

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: July 12, 2006 6:04:44 PM EDT
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-flags-00 comments

Just a couple of minor comments.

The abstract is good by talking about flags in general, and then  
talking about the uc/bc flag. The introduction however only talks  
about the use of the uc/bc flag. I would like to see at least one  
initial paragraph explaining the flag sub-option in general.

Last sentence of section 5 talks about both bytes and octets, I think  
it should stick to one of the terms.

Stig