Subject: [dhcwg] Consensus for WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:01:24 -0500

Stig and I intend to begin a dhc WG last call on
draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt, "Subnet Allocation Option" next week.
This WG last call will assess consensus on submitting
draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt for publication as a Proposed Standard.

This draft documents the current usage of the option code 220 in agreement
with RFC 3942.  There are no known conflicting uses of option code 220, so
the WG will recommend that IANA assign option code 220 to this option.

Before we initiate the WG last call, we need to clarify exactly how to
proceed with draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt.  Stig and I want to submit
the draft for publication as a Proposed Standard.  The dhc WG has discussed
another related draft, draft-shen-dhc-block-alloc-03.txt.  Stig and I
believe that the function described in draft-shen-dhc-block-alloc-03.txt can
be provided by draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt.  Therefore, it is
appropriate to proceed with last call review and publication of
draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt at this time.

If there is no objection posted on the mailing list to conducting a WG last
call for publishing draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-04.txt as a Proposed
Standard, we will start the WG last call next week.

- Ralph and Stig

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg