Subject: [dhcwg] Clarification about Reconfigure Accept

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:24:14 -0500

Margo asked a question about Reconfigure Accept and Authentication options
in a message from the DHCPv6 server:

  If the client includes the Reconfigure Accept option, and the server
  does not include one in the Reply, but it does include the
  Reconfigure Key in an Auth Option, should the client go ahead and
  store the Reconfigure Key and enable Reconfigure support, or should
  it use the absence of the Reconfigure Accept option to disable
  Reconfigure support and ignore the key?

Is there any advantage to storing the Reconfiuger key for later use?  Or
should this scenario be treated as an error condition, with the client
simply ignoring the Authentication option and subsequent Reconfigure
messages?

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

t-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg>,
	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
Errors-To: [email-masked]

Margo asked a question about Reconfigure Accept and Authentication options
in a message from the DHCPv6 server:

  If the client includes the Reconfigure Accept option, and the server
  does not include one in the Reply, but it does include the
  Reconfigure Key in an Auth Option, should the client go ahead and
  store the Reconfigure Key and enable Reconfigure support, or should
  it use the absence of the Reconfigure Accept option to disable
  Reconfigure support and ignore the key?

Is there any advantage to storing the Reconfiuger key for later use?  Or
should this scenario be treated as an error condition, with the client
simply ignoring the Authentication option and subsequent Reconfigure
messages?

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg