Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:50:18 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "Virtual Subnet Selection
Options for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6" <draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt>.
The last call will conclude at 1700PDT on December 19, 2008.  This
document is intended for publication as a Draft Standard.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.  Note that there was only one response to the previous WG
lst call for this document, which is at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dhc/trac/ticket/12.  That response will
be considered as part of this new WG last call.

draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt defines a Virtual Subnet Selection
(VSS) option for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6, and a DHCPv4
relay-agent-information sub-option.  These are intended for use by
DHCP clients, relay agents, and proxy clients in situations where VSS
information needs to be passed to the DHCP server for proper address
or prefix allocation to take place.  For the DHCPv4 option and
relay-agent-information sub-option, this memo documents existing usage
as per RFC 3942 [RFC3942].  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt

- John Brzozowski, Ralph Droms
   dhc WG chairs

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:07:24 -0800

> Options for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6" <draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt>.

I've reviewed this draft in the past, and I've reviewed the -09
revision which includes changes pursuant to my previous review
(a whole section!).

I'd like to say that I'm completely satisfied by the changes, they
clarify and measure the context in which these new options are planned
for use, and so I support acceptance of the document.

-- 
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg