Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 VSIO on a relay agent

From: "MILES DAVID" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:34:17 +0800

Relay agents (especially in broadband environments) may wish to embed
vendor-specific values into relayed DHCPv6 messages. I want to clarify
the intended use of the Vendor-Specific Information Option (17) as the
introductory text mentions:
This option is used by clients and servers to exchange
   vendor-specific information.

I cannot see any immediate issues in using option 17 on relay agents but
want to check opinion. DHCPv4 gave us RFC 4243 specifically for the
purpose of relay agent vendor-specific options so I wanted to see
whether there was a more appropriate option to use in DHCPv6 than option
17.

Cheers,

-David

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:40:53 -0400

Relay agents already are using this option -- see CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0
specifications.

- Bernie 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of MILES DAVID
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 VSIO on a relay agent

Cheers,

-David
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg