Subject: Re: [dhcwg] way forward for the mipshop-mos-dhcp document

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:33:13 +0300

Authors, Bernie,

I looked at the -12 version, and it seemed that there were a few 
remaining issues:

> *Note: The values `0` '4' to '255' are reserved and MUST NOT be used.

... values '0' and '4' to '255' are reserved ...

(2 instances in the document)

Also, in Section 5:

>   The sub-option Codes are summarized below.

This text appears to have moved to an incorrect place, it should 
preceding the table of sub-option codes...

>    In case that the server cannot find any Mobility Server satisfying
>    the requested Sub-opt Code, the server MUST return the MoS Option
>    with a sub-option by setting the Sub-opt Code to the requested
>    Sub-opt Code.
>   

This was changed from previous version by deleting text that said 
something about the length of the option. Bernie's comment was that the 
indicated length 1 seemed incorrect. But the above text is also 
incorrect, now you say nothing and we can't distinguish an error from a 
correctly returned server address. I would suggest keeping the old text 
but using length 0.

Two instances of this in the document.

Please update the document with a -13 and have Bernie OK your changes. 
Once that is done, we are moving forward.

Jari