Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 3315 - Request message

From: ravi kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:50:55 +0530

RFC 3315 specifies that IA option(s) is included in Request messages sent by
Dhcpv6 client.

Is it necessary for client to include IAAddress option also as part of IANA
option. Is it not enough for client to include just IANA option, with no
IAAddress option in Request message.

regards
Ravi

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:25:18 -0400

There is no requirement to include IAADDR options in IA_NA options in a
Request.

However:

If the client has addresses it is presently using, it may (should?)
include them.

If the client received an Advertisement, it should include the addresses
from the Advertisement (copy the IAADDR options). 

If the client wants to request specific values for the preferred and
valid lifetimes, it can include an IAADDR option with a 0::0 address and
the values (some servers may then use them in considering what lifetimes
to assign).

-          Bernie

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of ravi kumar
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 5:21 AM
To: DHC WG
Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 3315 - Request message

RFC 3315 specifies that IA option(s) is included in Request messages
sent by Dhcpv6 client.

Is it necessary for client to include IAAddress option also as part of
IANA option. Is it not enough for client to include just IANA option,
with no IAAddress option in Request message.

regards

Ravi