Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt> (Definition of the UUID-based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:46:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Definition of the UUID-based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document defines a new DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID) type,
called DUID-UUID.  DUID-UUIDs are derived from the already
standardized UUID format.  DUID-UUID makes it possible for devices to
use UUIDs to identify themselves to DHC servers and vice versa.
UUIDs are globally unique and readily available on many systems,
making them convenient identifiers to leverage within DHCP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.