Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Forcerenew Nonce Authentication' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:52:52 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Forcerenew Nonce Authentication'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce/

Technical Summary

   DHCP Forcerenew allows for the reconfiguration of a single host by
   forcing the DHCP client into a Renew state on a trigger from the
   DHCP server.  In Forcerenew Nonce Authentication the server
   exchanges a nonce with the client on the initial DHCP ACK that is
   used for subsequent validation of a Forcerenew message.

Working Group Summary

   This document received a thorough review by the WG, and had broad
   support.

Document Quality

   I am not aware of any implementations.

Personnel

   Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> is the Document
   Shepherd.  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the
   Responsible AD.